A simple appetiser or sandwich filling, served with Nun Barbari or on a long roll.
- 500g Chicken Thigh Fillet
- 1kg potatoes
- 1 cup cooked frozen green peas
- 6 dill cucumbers ( Kheeyar Shoor )
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Extra mayonnaise and dill cucumber to decorate
- Steam chicken in enough water to just cover for about 20 minutes until well cooked, drain and leave to cool.
- Peel and and cut potatoes into quarters.
- Boil with about 1 tsp salt in enough water to just cover until tender, then mash and leave to cool.
- Place cooled chicken and dill cucumber in the bowl of a food processor and process till roughly chopped.
- Tip into a large bowl and stir in the mashed potatoes.
Stir the mayonnaise through and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir through the green peas.
- To serve, tip into a flat dish similar to a lasagna dish, and smooth the surface. Spread with extra mayonnaise and decorate with the dill cucumbers, sliced lengthwise.
If desired you can replace the chicken fillet with a cold cooked BBQ chicken, removing and discarding the bones and skin.