Lime Sorbet is a light refreshing end to any meal. A great dairy free desert. Ingredients
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups lime juice
- 1 egg white
- In a large heavy based saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the water. When the sugar is fully dissolved, gradually bring to the boil and continue to boil for about 5-6 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Combine the lime juice and sugar syrup mixing well. Place in the freezer for about 4 – 6 hours until ice is beginning to form.
- Roughly chop and blend with either a hand-held blender or a regular blender until the mixture is of a slushy consistency.
- Beat the egg white until it is white and stiff peaks are formed.
- Slowly and carefully fold the lime mixture into the egg white. Great care is to be taken to unsure the mixture is well combined, but the air is not removed from the egg white.
- Place in a well sealed container and quickly return to the freezer.
Lemon juice or a combination of lemon and lime juice can be used in this recipe according to taste.
Calories: 937kcalCarbohydrates: 250gProtein: 6gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 93mgPotassium: 761mgFiber: 2gSugar: 210gVitamin A: 303IUVitamin C: 182mgCalcium: 107mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!