A wonderful moist date cake. This is a firm favourite and I often am asked for this recipe. I soak the dates in coffee to dd that extra moistness and interesting taste.
Moist Date Cake
A wonderful moist date cake. The addition of coffee adds an interesting taste.
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 34g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 500g dates
- 1 cup hot black coffee
- 1/2 tsp Bi-carbonate soda
- 185g butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Soak the dates in the coffee overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat the fan forced oven to 160 deg.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs.
- Stir through the date mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and stir into the date mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 50 minutes until cooked.
- Turn out to cool on a wire cooling rack.
Persian Recipes https://persianrecipes.info/
For a variation, stir through 1 cup of chopped walnuts or almonds.