Cinnamon and Almond Pastry Twists
A sweet pastry with a twist. Traditionally served with Persian Tea. This recipe is an easy recipe using frozen puff pastry.
- 2 sheets of Puff Pastry
- 50 g Slivered Almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Lay pastry sheets on a flat surface and separate while still frozen with a sharp knife and leave to defrost.
- Preheat oven to 180deg.
- Cut each sheet in half, and then each half into 8 strips.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the egg mixture over the pastry.
- Place each strip onto a greased pastry sheet, twisting each strip as placing onto the tray.
- Brush with remaining egg mixture and sprinkle Almond slivers on each pastry.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes till golden brown.
- When cooked remove from the oven and carefully place in a large dish, sprinkle icing sugar over and gently toss till coated with a dusting of icing sugar.
These delicate pastries do not keep long, and are best eaten on the day of baking. Frozen puff pastry makes these a simple and quick sweet to prepare.
Calories: 1495kcalCarbohydrates: 112gProtein: 31gFat: 105gSaturated Fat: 23gPolyunsaturated Fat: 17gMonounsaturated Fat: 61gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 564mgPotassium: 577mgFiber: 11gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 252IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 226mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!