Egg Salad – Vegetarian Style Salad Olivier
A vegetarian version of the traditional Salad Olivier. A simple appetiser or sandwich filling, served with Nun Barbari or on a long roll.
- 8 eggs
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 cup cooked frozen green peas
- 6 dill cucumbers Kheeyar Shoor
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Extra mayonnaise and dill cucumber to decorate
- Hard boil the eggs for about 10 minutes and leave to cool.
- Peel eggs and finely mash.
- Peel and and cut potatoes into quarters.
- Boil with about 1 tsp salt in enough water to just cover until tender, then mash and leave to cool.
- Place dill cucumber in the bowl of a food processor and process till roughly chopped.
- Tip into a large bowl and stir in the mashed potatoes and eggs.
- Stir the mayonnaise through and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir through the green peas.
- To serve, tip into a flat dish similar to a lasagne dish, and smooth the surface. Spread with extra mayonnaise and decorate with the dill cucumbers, sliced lengthwise.
Calories: 600kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 13gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 25gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 241mgSodium: 956mgPotassium: 925mgFiber: 6gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 658IUVitamin C: 44mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!