Try brown rice zucchini cakes as a healthy and nutritious snack for picnics or a light lunch.
Turmeric adds that Persian touch. I often makes these delicious rice cakes as a lunch box filler for my hungry boys. This recipes uses the absorption method for cooking the rice. This is referred to in Farsi as “ketteh”.
We also love Brown Rice Salad and I always cook double the brown rice to use the rice in the salad recipe.
- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 zucchini
- 4 shallots
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Cook brown rice using the absorption method with vegetable stock
- Set aside to cool
- Grate zucchini
- Finely chop shallots
- Combine all ingredients and stir through until well combined
- Heat frying pan and brush with vegetable oil
- Cook rice cakes in batches until golden brown
- The trick with this recipe is to ensure that the rices is well cooked. The rice is cooked using the absorption method "ketteh" where all the starches and nutrition are retained in the rice. Be sure to use enough vegetable stock, and don't be afraid to add more liquid if required.