An easy recipe for natural set, thick yoghurt.
- 1 litre UHT full cream milk
- 250g skim milk powder
- 200g natural set plain yoghurt
- Ensure all utensils are well cleaned and pour boiling water over them before using.
- In a large bowl, whisk the powdered milk into the UHT milk until well mixed.
- Add in the natural set yoghurt and whisk until well mixed.
- Pour into a clean 2 litre container that has a good seal.
- Leave to set in a hot place for about 12 hours.
I have found that the best place to set yoghurt is in the direct afternoon sun in the middle of summer from noon onwards. In cooler months I tend to place the container directly on top of the samovar set on low with a thick towel wrapped around to retain the heat.