A great refreshing mixed salad. Great with Koobideh Kebab or other grilled meats and rice. Originally form Shiraz, this salad is distinct with it’s crushed dried mint and lemon juice.
The finer the salad is cut the more the salad is admired by guests.
Shirazi Salad – Persian Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 tbls dried mint
- .5 Lemon (juiced)
- Chop the cucumber, tomato and onion into small pieces.
- Finely crush the mint in the palm of your hand and sprinkle on top.
- Stir through the lemon juice
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand for at least one hour before using to allow the flavours to develop.