I have been discovering different ways to use salap and creating various flavors of ice cream. Chocolate Banana Ice Cream is great way of including fruit in a yummy desert.
Evaporated milk is a basic in many older recipes in Australia and combined with salap adds a different flavor and texture to the traditional ice cream. The salap adds that marshmallow effect that adds that Persian twist.
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup hot chocolate powder
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 300 ml cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salap
- Blend all ingredients in a blender till well combined
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours until very cold
- Churn in an ice-cream maker for about 20 minutes until the mixture resembles soft serve
- Freeze for about 2 hours to harden before use