Khorest Esfanaj Aloo - Stew with Spinach and Prunes
This delicious and easy khoresht is slightly sweet and sour, and a lot lightes than the standard khoresht.
Servings: 8 people
- Heavy based saucepan
- 750 g diced lamb
- 2 large onions
- 500 g spinach
- 1 large leek
- 3 tlb limoo anami fried lime powder
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 200 g pitted prouse
- Finely chop the onions and fry with the olive oil till translucent
- Add the diced lamb, and fry till brown
- Add in dried lime, salt and pepper
- Just cover with water and bring to boil
- Turn down temperture and simmer for around 1 hour untill meat is tender
- Finely chop the leek and wash well
- Lightly fry the leek to softnen
- Add chopped spinach and saute for 1 - 2 minutes
- Add to the saucepan and mix well.
- Cook for a futher 15 -20 minutes
- Add in the prunes around 10 minutes before serving.