Yoghurt & Cucumber – Mast-o-Khiar
Mast-o-Khiar (tzatziki) is a wonderfully, cool and refreshing side dish to serve with Persian khoresht and rice. This dish is traditional in many middle eastern countries, and here is the Persian version.
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers
- 500 ml Natural Greek Style Yogurt
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp dried mint
- Dice cucumbers finely and drain in a colander to remove excess liquid.
- Place the yoghurt in a bowl, and stir the cucumber through.
- Finely crush the dried mint in the palm of your hand, or in a pestal and mortar, and stir into the yoghurt.
- Add salt to taste.
Yoghurt & Cucumber – Mast-o-Khiar is great served with rice or have simply as a light meal with bread
Calories: 351kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 48gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 168mgPotassium: 1497mgFiber: 3gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 753IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 580mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!