Yoghurt and Cucumber - Must e Kher,
Yoghurt and Cucumber – Mast-o Khiar
Mast-o Khiar is a wonderfully, cool and refreshing side dish to serve with Persian khoresht and rice. This dish is traditional in many middle eastern countries, and here is the Persian version.
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers
- 500ml Natural Greek Style Yoghurt
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp dried mint
- Dice cucumbers finely and drain in a colander to remove excess liquid.
- Place the yoghurt in a bowl, and stir the cucumber through.
- Finely crush the dried mint in the palm of your hand, or in a pestal and mortor, and stir into the yoghurt.
- Add salt to taste.
Great served with rice or have simply as a light meal with bread