Stretchy Ice Cream – Bastani Salap
This Ice Cream is very quick and easy to make. The use of salep adds elasticity and results in a marsh mallow like appearance. The delicate flavours of rosewater and saffron create the subtle distinction of this traditional recipe.
- 500 ml full cream milk
- 250 ml whipping cream
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp salep
- 1 tsp saffron powder
- Place all the ingredients except the salep in a blender and blend until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the salep and blend until the mixture is thick.
- Pour into a deep container that is suitable to freeze and place in the freezer for about 4-6 hours until the mixture is partly frozen.
- Put the mixture back into the blender and blend for a couple of minutes until all the frozen ice-cream is mixed with the liquid.
- Put into a storage container and freeze until hard.
Western flavours can be used in this ice cream, resulting in a mix of Western and Persian tastes. I have blended a few Blueberries into the mixture, or added chocolate topping instead of the Rose Water and Saffron.
Calories: 218kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 3gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 33mgPotassium: 127mgSugar: 23gVitamin A: 567IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 100mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!