A healthy grilled chicken with the delicate flavours of Basil and Garlic. We cook this grilled chicken on the Webber BBQ, making it a very quick and easy meal without having to light the charcoal used for the traditional Persian BBQ.
- 1 kg Chicken thigh fillet
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- In the bowl of a food processor place all the ingredients except the chicken. Process until well combined
- To prepare the chicken fillets, slice through the thick sections and score the surface to enable the marinade to penetrate the flesh.
- Preheat the grill BBQ to a high heat.
- Turn down the heat and place the chicken fillets on the hot grill. Close the lid of the BBQ for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and cook for a further 5 – 10 minutes until cooked to you liking.
- Serve with flat bread and salad.
For interesting alternative, try this with different herbs – sabzi – like coriander with a touch of chilli, or garlic chives – tare.