Yumm. Who doesn’t love grilled chicken. Served with a salad, on a sandwich or wrapped in flat pitta bread. It just tastes good.
Marinating the Chicken
Just add all the ingredients to a food processor or a Nutri-Bullet. The oil will emulsify with the herbs and garlic and look quite green.
Make sure you score the chicken pieces in different places. This has 2 purposes. Firstly to make sure that the marinade penetrates the chicken evenly, and secondly, the chicken pieces are more evenly cooked. Try to leave the chicken marinating for at least 30 minutes, but a couple of hours is optimum.
The best way to server this grilled chicken is with lettuce, tomato and cucumber on flat bread. Some Yoghurt and Cucumber gives it the finishing touches.
- 1 Webber BBQ
- 1 kg Chicken thigh fillet
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- In the bowl of a food processor place all the ingredients except the chicken. Process until well combined
- To prepare the chicken fillets, slice through the thick sections and score the surface to enable the marinade to penetrate the flesh.
- Preheat the grill BBQ to a high heat.
- Turn down the heat and place the chicken fillets on the hot grill. Close the lid of the BBQ for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and cook for a further 5 – 10 minutes until cooked to you liking.
- Serve with flat bread and salad.