Fried Fish – Mahi
Sabzi Polo Mahi is a very traditional meal served on the Persian New Year.
- 1kg hoki fillets
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- Cut the Hoki fish fillets into serving sized pieces.
- Pat over with paper towels to ensure they are dry.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper and the turmeric together until well mixed.
- Heat the Ghee in a large non-stick frying pan until fairly hot.
- Coat the fish fillets in the flour and cook in gently pace in the hot ghee.
- When the fish is golden in colour, then turn over to cook the other side.
- Turn the temperature down and continue to fry until the fish is fully cooked.
Any type of white fish fillets can be used for this recipe. I prefer to use the frozen Hoki fillets as these can be readily available in the freezer.