A flat bread loaf, great for sandwiches.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour, 20 minutes
- 480ml water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dried milk powder
- 760g bakers flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 2 tlbs sugar
- 2 tlbs bread improver
- 1 egg
- sesame seeds
- kalantri seeds
- poppy seeds
- Place the first 7 ingredients in a bread maker and mix on dough cycle.
- Turn bread out and knock out excess air.
- With a sharp knife, cut into 6 portions.
- Knead each portion and shape into a flat loaf about 6 cm wide, about 20 cm long and about 2cm think.
- Place on a baking tray and brush each loaf with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle each loaf with seeds of your choice.
- Leave to prove in a warm place until the loaf is double in size. An oven heated to about 70 degrees is the best option.Remove before reheating oven.
- Preheat oven to 180deg or 160deg for fan forced.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the loaves are golden brown.
Serve with feta cheese, herbs and yoghurt as a simple starter.