Lemon/Lime Syrup – Sharbat-e Limoo
A refreshing home made lemonade. A great way of using lemons or limes from the garden.
- 4 cups lemon or Lime Juice
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup Rose Water (optional)
- Combine the juice, sugar and Rose Water if using, in a large heavy saucepan.
- Stir over a moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, and continue to slowly boil for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the saucepan.
- Store in sealed bottle.
- To serve add iced water to taste. I use about a 1 – 8 syrup to water ratio.
This recipe is equally delicious with either lemon juice, lime juice or a combination of the two. A little rosewater adds a Persian twist.