Mixed Grilled Vegetables,
Mixed Grilled Vegetables
Grilled vegetables make an excellent accompaniment or vegetarian substitution for Persian Kebab. Again we have used our gas webber making this a quick and easy meal.
- 1 large eggplant
- 16 button mushrooms
- 2 red capsicum
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bunch shallots
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- Peal and slice the eggplant lengthwise.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise.
- Half the mushrooms.
- Cut the excess green tops of the shallots.
- Quarter the capsicum and remove the seeds.
- In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients and whisk to mix well.
- Stir the vegetables through the marinade and leave to marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill BBQ on high.
- Turn down to a moderate to high heat and place the vegetables on the grill.
- Cook covered for about 5-7 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 5-7 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- Serve as an accompaniment to grilled meats or as a main course with houmus, bread and salad.