Marinated Persian Feta Cheese
Marinated Persian Feta Cheese is a wonderful accompaniment to a light lunch or breakfast.
- 500g feta cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 tbls fresh chopped basil
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced finely
- 1 tsp rock salt
- olive oil
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes about 1cm square.
- Wash and sterilise a glass jar.
- Pack the feta cheese gently into the glass jar.
- Gently place on top the peppercorns, chopped basil, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and the rosemary.
- Pour sufficient olive oil over the cheese to entirely cover the ingredients.
- Seal and store in the refrigerator.
- Allow at least 2 weeks to allow the flavours to develop.
I usually keep this oil mixture constantly adding more feta cheese when it is finished, and topping with more oil and herbs and spices. The perpetual marinating oil.